Saturday, January 29, 2011

From Shirt To Skirt

Yesterday I made a really cute skirt out of an old shirt that was ripping. Here is the shirt before I cut it:


Here you can see that the colorful stitching was coming undone:


I cut right below the stitching straight across with my fabric scissors:


The skirt wasn't long enough so I cut the arm And sewed the back and front piece together to form a circle band. Heres my seam:


Next I pinned and sewed the band onto the the other piece. The band was shorter than the bottom so in the middle on the front and back I made a pleat:



Then I sewed a casing at the top for the elastic. Mine was an inch wide. This picture was really bad cause the material I was sewing with was t-shirt material and it kept rolling up on me.


I measured and cut a piece of elastic and threaded it through the casing:


I had my sister try it on to see where to sew the elastic. I sewed the elastic and sewed the opening closed, and I was done.





♥Adeela♥

3 comments:

  1. whoaaaa... I did not know that was possible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats a very cool skirt...you made it look so easy...i really need to learn how to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha wow how'd it get so long?

    ReplyDelete