Saturday, April 30, 2011

Girly Bike Basket

After I made these bike baskets for my sisters I wanted one for myself. So I looked through my fabric stash and found the perfect fabric. The fabric I used for my purse. I was SO excited because it matched my purple bike. I  knew the perfect basket for me had to have ruffles since I love them so much and this tutorial got me excited.


I half followed this tutorial and half this tutorial and part I made up. I used the bottom piece from this tutorial but followed this tutorial in putting the lining and the outside together then I placed the outside into the lining right sides together with the ruffle sandwiched in between. Then I turned it right side out (I left a hole in the bottom of the lining so I could turn it right side out) and put cardboard into the bottom and side then stitched the opening closed with a very small seam allowance. I kinda folded the lining over on to the right side and stitched in the ditch.
I LOVE the ruffles.




If you have any questions email me at adeelarose@gmail.com or leave a comment below.


Adeela

1 comment: